Sunday, April 24, 2016

April 16 - Hello

Hello…
2 syllables
weighted with
the memories
of the then
and all of the
wide space
that’s since
grown between
our used to be
and today
Hello…
across desert
and mountains
the span of time
wrapped round
me like a blanket
to ward off the
chill of the
winter of our
destruction
Hello…
I didn’t know
back then that
I was waiting for you
until you appeared
in my inbox to
the tune of
“you’ve got mail”
so perfect and
imperfect were we
born of ruin
before we’d ever
flown among the stars
Hello…
it’s good to
hear your voice
it’s been such
a long time
I hope that
you’re well
I’d really like
to see you
sometime soon
Hello…
spreading ribs
to find the
heartbeat
that still beats
to your name
that tears down
the caution tape
shushing the fear
of remembering
the breaking
Hello…
I’ve never forgotten
though I tried
the beauty of us
dancing outside
under the stars
long lay down hugs
talking for hours
our hopes and dreams
the fires we built
between our skins
Hello…
let’s just be free
in this moment
no fairytales
of expectations
no jagged rocks of
who did what
paving new roads
to all the adventures
yet to come
Hello….
Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment